A family-run and very well-maintained site, Kingfisher Lakes is off a country lane and provides endless options for walks, bike rides, kayaking, fishing or just simply watching the sunset over the fields and the moonlight shimmering on the water.
Fire pits, with unlimited logs can be hired for cosy evenings toasting marshmallows, which is a must when 'camping'. Most guests also hire a 2-seater Kayak for their stay that they can use to their heart's content to explore the lakes and wildlife.
If you can pull yourselves (and the kids!) away from your cosy canvas base then within 15-30 minutes' drive are a number of stunning East Yorkshire beaches (Hornsea, Fraisthorpe, Bridlington) and 30 minutes from the jaw-dropping Flamborough Head with its many coves, rockpools and seabird sanctuaries.
Glamping tent accommodation includes two safari tents (sleeping 4-6) and two spacious safari lodges (sleeping up to 7 or 10), alongside two yurts (sleeping 2 to 4), all with proper beds, cosy bedding, blankets, cushions, log-burning stoves, sofas, fridges and kettles, as well as picnic tables and benches right outside with your BBQ.
Luxury underfloor-heated washrooms service all the glamping guests in a facilities block. A covered kitchen barn and picnic area is the hub of the site for all your camp cooking needs.
Set slightly away from the main glamping area on a separate lake are two beautiful log cabins. Sleeping two people in the perfect hideaway, this is the ideal place for a romantic break away for anniversaries, birthdays or just-because.
They're within a secluded area right on the water's edge and the cabins have an en-suite shower room and a small kitchen area. Outside is a private log-fired hot tub - a Scandi-style soaking tub for the two of you to relax in and enjoy sublime sunsets over the lake and stargazing.
Golf course and Health/Beauty facilities in nearby Brandesburton village, as well as numerous options for food provisions and takeaways.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Dragonfly Dream||from £180.00 to £240.00 per unit per night|
|Hares Hideout||£120.00 per unit per night|
|Lily Pad||£630.00 per unit per night|
|Log Cabins with Hot Tubs||from £135.00 to £150.00 per unit per night|
|Otters Den||from £150.00 to £210.00 per unit per night|
|Starry Skies||from £90.00 to £140.00 per unit per night|
|Swallows Snug||from £120.00 to £170.00 per unit per night|
*Prices from £90 to £240 per unit per night, depending on the type of accommodation and time of year
- Accessible Rooms - One of our Safari Tents and parking close by can be organised to be wheelchair friendly
- Disabled facilities - Accessible washroom with Doc M set up
- Wet rooms
Booking & Payment Details
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Barbecue - Each tent has its own BBQ outdoors, small fridge and kettle inside
- Children welcome
- Cots available
- High chairs available
- Cooker - Large shared covered kitchen and picnic barn area with gas hobs, sink, large fridge/freezer, microwave, toasters, mugs/pots/pans/utensils/crockery/cutlery all provided. Each log cabin is self-contained with its own kitchenette with gas hobs, fridge, toaster, all pots/crockery/utensils provided.
- Microwave cooker - Room/Unit facilities: Fridge/kettle
- All linens sanitized in high-temperature wash
- Capacity limit
- Clear signage
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Individually wrapped toiletries
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Central heating - Central heating in the Log Cabins
- Real log/coal fires - Log Burning stoves inside all glamping tents
- Fishing - Fishing available with own equipment.
- Free WIFI
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Leisure club (onsite or nearby)
- Water sports onsite - Kayaking available onsite, 2-seater kayaks are available to hire for duration of stay.
Linen & Bedding
- Linen provided
- Sleeps up to 2
- Sleeps up to 4
- Sleeps up to 6
- Sleeps up to 10
- Dish washing facilities
- Drinking water
- Flush toilets (with lighting)
- Heated shower block
- Parking space next to pitch
- Showers available
- Free Parking on Site
- Private parking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Non-smoking property
- WiFi or internet access
- Hot Tub
- King-sized bed
- Scenic view
- Working farm - Lakes; countryside views
- Accepts groups
- Single sex groups welcomed
What to bring
- Warm Clothing
Map & Directions
From Brandesburton village follow the signs to Hempholme, Kingfisher Lakes Glamping Site can be found on your left shortly after you pass a junction signposted to Burshill, Baswick - Carry straight on at that junction and after approx. 200m turn left into Kingfisher Lakes driveway.
Use postcode: YO25 8NA (follow this until you see the entrance on your left before this specific postcode destination)