Book Tickets Online
AboutOne of Britain's finest examples of medieval gothic architecture. Features 68, 16th-century misericords, saxon sanctuary chair, Percy tomb canopy and a large collection of medieval musician carvings in stone and wood.
Beverley Minster is the Parish Church of St. John and St. Martin. John, bishop of York, founded a monastery on the site where Beverley Minster stands. John died in 721 and his body was buried in a chapel of the Saxon church. He was canonised in 1037. The present church was built around his tomb. Building work began in 1220 and was completed in 1425.
Throughout the Middle Ages miracles which took place at his tomb attracted pilgrims from far and wide.
Today the church is still a place of pilgrimage for visitors. It also continues to be a place of prayer and worship at the heart of the community.
Beverley Minster aims to be:
A place of worship--Rejoicing in Christ
A community of love--Reflecting Christ
A light to the world--Revealing Christ
- Disabled access
- Disabled toilets
- Wheelchairs available
- Baby changing facilities
- Children welcome
- Free Parking
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Gift shop
- Smoking not allowed
Map & Directions
Follow signs for Beverley.
By Public Transport:
ahead of Railway Street, left down Highgate.
Accessible by Public Transport: Beverley station is 1 mile away.